Sleigh Rides in New Hampshire
"Ching-ching-ching-ching" … On winter sleigh rides in New Hampshire, the jingling of bells whisks blanket-snuggled passengers right back to another era. Did you know that sleigh bells were the airbags of their day? They were a safety device required by law to warn pedestrians of a horse-drawn sled's approach. Now, of course, we associate the jingle of bells with holiday fun, romance, and laughing all the way!
Whether you dream of a private, horse-drawn sleigh ride for two (a memorable way to propose or to celebrate an anniversary) or want to pile the whole gang into a 20-passenger logging sled for a lumbering ride through the snowy woods, contact these New Hampshire sleigh-ride providers for pricing, details, and reservations.
Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region
- Ragged View Farm, Andover. A team of Suffolk draft horses pulls a hay-filled sleigh that can carry up to eight passengers on rides through the fields and woods at this working farm.
Merrimack Valley Region
- Heritage Farm Pancake House, Sanbornton. Horse-drawn winter wagon rides are available by appointment and make a perfect add-on after your breakfast or on your tour during maple season in New Hampshire.
- Purity Spring Resort, Madison. Traverse open fields and backcountry trails.
Charmingfare Farm, Candia. Book a sleigh ride for two or for a group at this multifaceted farm. Your choices range from a romantic red sleigh perfect for Valentine's Day to an old-fashioned logging sled that can carry a party of 20.
Stonewall Farm, Keene. Choose a two-seater sleigh or a wagon that can seat a dozen adults for your ride through the wooded trails and open fields at this classic farm.
White Mountains Region
Coppal House Farm, Lee. Sleigh rides begin as soon as there's snow at this southern New Hampshire farm, which offers sleighs for every occasion, including an antique one-horse open sleigh for two.
- Hidden Hollow Farm, East Kingston. Whatever you're imagining, this NH farm can customize your sleigh ride: They'll even come to you!
Farm by the River Bed & Breakfast with Stables, North Conway. Incredibly scenic sleigh rides are the specialty at this 70-acre White Mountains estate and stables, where you can even treat your sweetheart to an overnight stay at the on-site inn.
- Nestlenook Farm, Jackson. Sit back and enjoy a picture-perfect journey through a 65-acre Victorian estate aboard a custom-crafted, horse-drawn Austrian sleigh built to carry 10 to 12 people. Or reserve a more intimate outing in a one-horse open sleigh.
- Omni Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods. Tour this storied resort via sleigh ride for a throwback experience. The Equestrian Center offers day and evening outings for the public, as well as resort guests.
- Waterville Valley Resort, Waterville Valley. Sleigh rides are a fun and affordable family tradition in this resort town.