Uncover the magic of winter in the Dartmouth Lake Sunapee Region. Get back to nature snowshoeing or cross-country skiing through wintry woods. Get your adrenaline pumping with a few runs down a mountain! Bundle up and enjoy: outdoor adventure abounds here!
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
- Dexter’s Inn Trails by Norsk (258 Stagecoach Road, Sunapee) Strap on your snowshoes or x-c skis, get out in nature and wind your way through forests and fields. Dexter’s Inn has an extensive trail system, some groomed trails and some untouched for those who prefer to traverse on fresh snow. Rent equipment right at the Inn and let the adventure begin!
- Mount Sunapee (1398 New Hampshire Rte 103, Newbury) If heading downhill is more your speed, Mount Sunapee offers skiing and riding for beginners all the way up to experts. And did we mention the incredible view! Take in the gorgeous wintry scenery of Lake Sunapee and the surrounding area from the summit!
- Sugar River Recreational Rail Trail Up for a winter walk? Head out for a hearty dose of fresh air on this Rail Trail. While the trail stretches for 9 miles, you can just explore a section of it. Access it in Newport and enjoy the quite peaceful calm of the woods and the Sugar River during winter. If you hop on at the right spot, you might even come upon one of the two historic bridges along the route.
- Hopkins Center for the Arts ( 4 E Wheelock Street, Hanover) Catch a show at the Hop! Considered the hub of performing arts and film at Dartmouth, the Hop is hosts live events in just about every genre of music, theater, and dance, along
- Cornish-Windsor Bridge Photo Opp (Route 12A, Cornish) This bridge is one for the record books! Touted as the longest wooden covered bridge in the US, and the longest two-span in the world. Stop by to snap a pic wrapped in winter when it is truly a captivating site.
The Flying Goose Brew Pub and Grille (40 Andover Rd Intersection of Routes 11 and 114, New London), Lou’s Restaurant & Bakery (30 Main Street, Hanover), Murphy’s On the Green (11 S Main Street, Hanover)
Shop: The Forest of Time Antiques
is a treasure trove of antiques and vintage collectibles, head to Hanover and explore Lemon Tree Gifts
and Left Hand Books
, and the many other independently owned shops that line Main Street.