Embark on an epic winter road trip through New Hampshire’s Great North Woods. With snowmobiling, sightseeing and other winter adventures in store—your escape to the north will be one to remember.
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
- Nansen Ski Club (427 Milan Hill Road, Milan) The Nansen Ski Club, a.k.a. the oldest ski club in the country, maintains a wandering network of over 9 miles of cross-country ski trails open to the public. Grab your skis and explore the winding trails through Milan Hill State Park, leading up to a Fire Tower at the pinnacle of it all.
- Stark Covered Bridge Photo Opp (Northwest of 6 Northside Road, Stark) Make a stop to see one of New Hampshire’s most iconic covered bridges in all its winter glory. Bonus: if you arrive in December after dusk, you may just catch the bridge aglow with holiday lights.
- Coos Brewing Co. (30 Bill Bromage Drive, Colebrook) Raise a glass to thoughtfully brewed, insightfully crafted beer at the Coos Brewing Co. A variety of unique NEIPAs, stouts, ales and more will tempt your tastebuds when you enter the warm and welcoming tasting room near downtown Colebrook.
- Beaver Brook Falls Wayside (432 Route 145, Colebrook) Visit the roadside Beaver Brook Falls to marvel at an 80-foot-tall frozen waterfall! Simply enjoy the view or explore the walking trails among the 7.3-acre park.
- Bear Rock Adventures (2638 North Main Street, Pittsburg) A winter road trip through the snowmobiling capitol of New England wouldn’t be complete without roaring through the forests on a snow conquering machine. Rent the latest snowmobiles from Bear Rock Adventures and roar through miles of snow-covered forest trails to complete your epic winter road trip!
Murphy’s Steakhouse (3329 US Route 3, Pittsburg), Black Bear Tavern (151 Main Street, Colebrook), Fagin’s Pub (777 Main St #2437, Berlin), North Country Family Restaurant (12 Main St, Groveton)
In Pittsburg, you’ll find everything you need from souvenirs, adventure gear, delicious fudge, and more at the First Lake General Store
. Visit Fiddleheads
on Main Street in Colebrook to browse the works of local artists and find unique goods to bring back home. Middle Earth
in downtown Berlin is a unique country store with an eclectic assortment of one-of-a-kind items, the perfect stop when you don’t know what you’re looking for!