Discover the lure of the lakes in the wintertime, when fresh snow and ice transform bodies of water into winter playgrounds for all to enjoy. Snowshoe on miles of snow swept trails, watch an ice race on a frozen pond, and indulge in more winter fun on this seasonal adventure.
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
- Gunstock Mountain (719 Cherry Valley Road, Gilford) Visit Gunstock Mountain for endless winter thrills on and off the slopes. Shred up the mountain or simply enjoy the resort’s adventure activities including an all-ages tubing hill, cross country Outdoor Center with guided snowshoe and cross-country adventures, and more!
- Kellerhaus (259 Endicott Street North, Laconia) Visit Kellerhaus, a sweet staple of the Lakes Region that still handmakes vintage ribbon candy each winter! Of course, the shop is home to many unique goods, chocolate treats, and their infamous ice cream too.
- Meredith Sculpture Walk Photo Opp (289 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith) The lakeside town of Meredith is sprinkled with a collection of over 30 sculptures that visitors can explore. Make your way through the Sculpture Walk Trail and snap a dramatic photo of snowy sculptures in the festive town of Meredith.
- Lakes Region Ice Racing Club (Moultonborough) Travel through Moultonborough on any Sunday January through March and you’ll find the Lakes Region Ice Racing Club racing on Berry or Lee Pond! Make an excursion and watch one of 6-classes of races atop frozen waters for yourself.
- Castle in the Clouds (455 Old Mountain Road, Moultonborough) While this mountaintop estate is closed during the winter, Nordic skiers and snowshoers can enjoy groomed trails at Castle in the Clouds thanks to the Lakes Region Conservation Trust. Wander along miles of scenic, snow swept trails in a whimsically magical mountaintop setting!
Giuseppe’s Pizzeria & Ristorante (312 Daniel Webster Hwy Mill Falls, Meredith), Patrick’s Pub & Eatery (18 Weirs Rd, Gilford), Osteria Poggio (18 Main St, Center Harbor)
While in Meredith, explore the Mill Falls Marketplace
whose collection of 9 local shops offer up a variety of local goods and great finds. In Moultonborough, visiting the Old Country Store & Museum
is a must to browse hundreds of products in an old-fashioned general store setting (and to visit the small museum on the second floor).