Make your way through New Hampshire’s seacoast where brick-lined streets and historic sites are pronounced with snow and cozy cafes and stores make the region a warm destination in the wintertime. Scope out seasonal sights, explore historic neighborhoods in the splendor of snow, and discover wonders in Portsmouth’s bustling downtown!
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
- Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse View Photo Opp (301 Wentworth Road (Route 1B) New Castle) Visit Great Island Commons to scope out a unique view of the Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse cloaked in sparkling snow. The sight is simply breathtaking set against the Atlantic’s royal blue waters!
- LaBrie Family Skate at Puddle Dock Pond (14 Hancock Street, Portsmouth) Enjoy quintessential New England outdoor ice skating at Strawbery Banke Museum's outdoor professionally maintained ice skating rink. Its setting in downtown historic Portsmouth makes it a perfectly charming outing the whole family will enjoy.
- Kilwin’s (20 Congress Street, Portsmouth) Warm up with a steaming cup of decadent drinking chocolate from Kilwin’s. Chase the bitterness of winter away with Kilwin’s selection of rich chocolates and other sweet treats sure to delight.
- The Music Hall (28 Chestnut Street, Portsmouth) Visit the historic Music Hall for a winter show set on the stage of a historic theatre. With entertainment almost every day, The Music Hall keeps the spirit of creativity and warm hospitality alive all winter long.
- Tinos Kitchen + Bar (325 Lafayette Road, Hampton) While Hampton is usually a hotspot in the summertime, there are a few places in town that stay warm year-round. Enjoy a delicious and hearty meal outdoors at Tinos Kitchen’s heated outdoor patio serving up delicious plates in a cozy space.
River House (53 Bow Street, Portsmouth), The Wilder (174 Fleet Street, Portsmouth), The Portsmouth Brewery (56 Market Street, Portsmouth), The Goat Restaurant & Whiskey Bar (20 L St, Hampton)
Downtown Portsmouth is home to hundreds of great local shops like the Stonewall Kitchen Store
, Portsmouth Soap Co.
, or Macro Polo
. North Hampton is also home to fantastic local stores like The Happy Bippy Boutique
, C'est Cheese
, and plenty more specialty shops!