With high vaccination rates, and cases of COVID-19 trending down in the state, New Hampshire is looking forward to welcoming visitors back this summer season. The health, safety and well-being of residents and visitors continues to be a top priority so state public health officials encourage everyone to take precautions to protect their health and that of family members by following steps to stop the spread of COVID-19 including practicing social distancing, wearing face masks and avoiding large crowds and gatherings.
Effective May 7, 2021, prior restrictions and guidance for tourism related businesses will be replaced with Universal Best Practices. The best practices are recommendations for businesses and organizations to consider implementing in their business operations going forward. Businesses and organizations can choose to implement additional precautions for the health and safety of employees and consumers. Visitors and residents are encouraged to plan ahead by making online reservations, purchasing tickets in advance, and calling ahead to any property prior to visiting to find out about any specific reservation requirement.
Are you visiting New Hampshire from out-of-state?
If you are visiting New Hampshire from out-of-state, you are no longer required to quarantine once you arrive in state; or prior to traveling here. It is recommended that people continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s travel guidance. The CDC guidance and other details out of state visitors need to know can be found here.
New Hampshire no longer has a mandatory statewide mask mandate. However, visitors and residents should be aware individual businesses may require face coverings in their buildings or while on their property or grounds. There are also communities in New Hampshire that have not lifted their mask ordinances. Specifics on those details are below.
- Concord – City passed an ordinance requiring people five and older to wear face coverings at all times when inside businesses. People are encouraged to use them when using city trails, sidewalks and other public places. Specifics are here.
- Dover – Adopted resolution requesting the use of face coverings in all public places. Further details are here.
- Durham – Enacted an emergency ordinance requiring the wearing of face coverings under certain conditions. Specific details are here.
- Enfield – Adopted an ordinance requiring use of facemasks in public places. Additional information can be found here.
- Exeter – The town of Exeter adopted a mask ordinance requiring the public to wear face coverings under certain conditions within town. Specifics of the ordinance are here.
- Franconia – Adopted an ordinance for the wearing of face coverings in businesses and government buildings. Ordinance specifics are here.
- Hanover – Enacted an emergency mask ordinance requiring the use of masks in public places. Find specific details here.
- Keene – City adopted a mask ordinance requiring face coverings in all indoor and outdoor public spaces. Further specifics outlined here.
- Lebanon – Approved a mask ordinance requiring the use of masks in public places as outlined here.
- Lyme – Adopted a resolution requesting residents and visitors wear a face covering when social distancing in public areas is not possible. Details are here.
- Manchester – Passed a resolution requiring face coverings to be worn inside buildings that are open to the public. Additional details can be found here.
- Nashua – Issued a citywide ordinance requiring face coverings in public settings where social distancing is not possible. Details are here.
- New London – Adopted a resolution requiring face coverings be worn in public places. Specific details can be found here.
- Newmarket – Adopted an emergency ordinance mandating face coverings in public settings for everyone. Additional information here.
- Plainfield – Adopted an ordinance requiring face coverings in various public settings. Details outlined here.
- Portsmouth – Passed a resolution requiring face coverings to be worn at all times in the city as outlined here.
- Plymouth – Approved a mandate for masks to be worn in all public spaces. Specific details can be found here.