Tap into your artistic trove and unwind on this creative tour of the Monadnock Region, where you’ll be inspired by the sights, sounds, and tastes of local artistry.
- Distant Hill Gardens (507 March Hill Road, Walpole) Enjoy a guided or unguided tour of the thoughtfully designed gardens at distant hill, where you’ll be treated to a host of dazzling sculptures and natural displays of landscaping artistry.
- Burdick’s Restaurant & Chocolate (47 Main Street, Walpole) Stop in to Burdick’s in downtown Walpole to indulge in handmade chocolates with creatively inspired flavors, or dine in their adjoining restaurant which serves deliciously authentic French cuisine!
- Madame Sherri Forest (West Chesterfield) Discover the historic ruins of eccentric Madame Antoinette Sherri who built a castle deep in the woods of Chesterfield in the 1920s. The castle is located on 488 acres of forest, so plan extra time to explore the miles and miles of nature trails.
- Stonewall Farm (242 Chesterfield Road, Keene) Explore this working dairy farm that offers hands-on activities and tours to demonstrate and educate visitors about regenerative farming, food security, and healthy communities.
- Hannah Grimes Marketplace (42 Main Street, Keene) Shop local where the unique works of over 250 native artisans are on display, located right in charming downtown Keene.
- Walldog Murals (120 Main Street, Keene) The larger-than-life, colorful scenes painting Keene’s downtown buildings are a series of curated murals, painted to portray the region’s captivatingly rich history. Check out walldogsinkeene.com for a mapped walking tour to follow.
- Machina Kitchen & Art Bar (9 Court Street, Keene) Machina’s ArtBar doubles as a gallery, where craft cocktails are served among installations from local artists. The adjoining restaurant offers a true organic farm-to-table menu, served to the tune of live, local music.
- Mariposa Museum & World Culture Center (26 Main Street, Peterborough) Immerse yourself in worldly culture and creation at this hands-on museum, where ever-changing exhibits and activities represent the colors of our world.
- Shop: Carve out time to explore the boutique shops and convenient stores located along Keene’s Main Street. Keene’s downtown is jam-packed with plenty of great restaurants to try and unique shops to visit, like the Ye Goodies Shoppe or the Soul Emporium.
- Eat: Elm City Brewing Company, Restaurant, Brewery & Pub (222 West Street, Keene); Harlow’s Pub (3 School Street, Peterborough); Luca's Mediterranean Cafe (10 Central Square, Keene); Peterborough Diner (10 Depot Street, Peterborough).