Spring is in the air! With rising temperatures, the start of Maple Month, and so much to see and do—now is the perfect time to hit the road and escape to New Hampshire’s beautiful Lakes Region.
- Tamworth Distilling (15 Cleveland Hill Road, Tamworth) There’s no better way to warm the spirit than a visit to this small batch farm-to-bottle distillery. From hearty New Hampshire whiskeys to floral-inspired gin, you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect spirit to welcome spring in their cozy tasting room in the village of Tamworth.
- Squam Lakes Science Center (23 Science Center Road, Holderness) Explore the Live Animal Exhibit Trail to discover how native animals adapt to the changing seasons and survive the winter months on a guided tour. Check the online calendar for tour dates and times.
- Downtown Grille Café (33 S Main Street, Wolfeboro) Stop into the charming Downtown Grille Café for unique and delicious comfort food served with a backdrop of Lake Winnipesaukee. Dine indoors by their cozy fireplace or outside on the deck if weather allows.
- Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center (928 White Oaks Road, Laconia) Visit Prescott Farm and enjoy a serene escape to nature and the basics. With guided activities nearly every day, you can catch a snowshoe yoga class, learn about spring’s magnificent mud, or discover the magic of maple syrup season!
- Just Maple at Green Acre Farm (475 School Street, Tilton) Enjoy the workings of a real maple sugar shack at Green Acre Farm, where maple trees are tapped each spring and the wood fire evaporator transforms sap into syrup all season long. Just Maple hosts special Maple Month events all through March, so be sure to check their Facebook page for the latest updates.
Buckey’s Restaurant and Tavern (240 Governor Wentworth Hwy, Rt 109 S, Moultonborough), Canoe Restaurant & Tavern (232 Whittier Hwy, Center Harbor), Shibley’s at the Pier (42 Mt Major Hwy, Alton Bay), El Jimador Mexican Restaurant (171 Daniel Webster Hwy, Belmont)
Make a detour through Laconia to browse great local shops in the heart of downtown. Visit the Chaos & Kindness Store
for a look into the local community and fun one-of-a-kind items, discover thoughtful gifts and home décor at the New Leaf Shop
, or pique your curiosity at the Wild Women’s Studio
where an uplifting collection of crystals, gifts, jewelry, herbs and candles await.