Make your way through the Monadnock Region this spring where you’ll discover warm and welcoming breweries, fun maple sugar shacks, and perfect outdoor spaces to explore on those much-anticipated warm spring days!
- Tucker Brook Falls (Ridge Trail, Milford) A short trek through the Tucker Brook Town Forest will reveal the beautiful Tucker Brook Falls, a 12-foot scenic waterfall which cascades over thin, rocky ledges and pools into the brook below. The trails are quiet and serene, lending to a peaceful escape into nature on a warm spring day.
- Ben’s Sugar Shack (693 NH Rt. 103, Temple) Visit any weekend in the month of March for free educational maple tours at Ben’s Sugar Shack. The tour even includes samples of their products like fresh maple donuts, maple roasted nuts, maple cotton candy and soft serve, etc. Doesn’t get much better than that!
- Post & Beam Brewing (40 Grove Street, Peterborough) In beautiful downtown Peterborough you’ll find a remarkable brewery serving up full-flavored, high-quality beer. Pay a visit any day of the week to enjoy a selection of pilsners, sour ales, NEIPAs, lagers, and more served in a beautiful location—and be sure to take advantage of their outdoor patio if weather permits.
- Cathedral of the Pines (10 Hale Hill Road, Rindge) Situated on a hilltop with premier views of Mount Monadnock, this nondenominational, open-air cathedral honors the service of American men and women and offers a sanctuary for meditation and peaceful reflection. On a clear day you can see for miles and can enjoy the gardens and trails along the 236-acre property.
- Granita Enoteca (51 Railroad Street, Keene) Granita Enoteca’s menu changes with the seasons, introducing new flavors and locally sourced ingredients to each Italian-inspired dish on the menu. Delight in cultured cocktails that are curated on a complementary basis and relax in their upscale yet inviting environment.
Brewbakers Café (48 Emerald Street, Keene), Papagallos Restaurant (9 Monadnock Hwy, Swanzey), Emma’s 321 Pub & Kitchen (377 US Highway 202 Rindge), Taco Time Cocina & Cantina Mexicana (11 Wilton Road, Milford)
On Saturdays or Sundays, a visit to the Rustic Treasure Shed
in Milford is a must. You’ll find beautiful gifts and treasures from all over the world displayed in this lovable cozy cabin. On your way through Peterborough, make a detour and stop at the Toadstool Bookshop
where you can browse hundreds of books and enjoy a fresh cup of joe at their in-store café.