Jumpstart spring with a getaway to New Hampshire’s White Mountains. With the warm scent of maple syrup in the air, warming days, and nature beginning to bloom—it’s the perfect time to get out and enjoy the early season!
- Appalachia Falls (Gorham Hill Rd, Randolph) * This 2.6-mile loop features five beautiful cascading waterfalls with drops ranging from 7 to 35 feet. The views of water rushing with snowmelt cascading over ancient rock formations is a remarkable sight you won’t want to miss. *Be sure to pack microspikes and appropriate clothing and footwear before hiking through wintry terrain as this trek features slopes that may be slippery.
- The InkWell Coffee and Teahouse (21 Mill Street, Littleton) Enjoy the rush of the Ammonoosuc River on a warm spring day at this cozy café. Their indoor space creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere perfect for enjoying fresh coffee or tea, and their outdoor patio is the ideal spot to relax once the weather starts to warm.
- New Hampshire Maple Experience (The Rocks 4 Christmas Lane, Bethlehem) The New Hampshire Maple Experience at The Rocks Estate is a maple sugaring wonderland. Visit on a weekend during March and you’ll be treated to a horse drawn ride to look at maple lines, a tractor drawn ride to the sugar house, a tasting of sweet maple syrup and accompaniments, and the chance to tap your own tree.
- Bretton Woods Canopy Tour (99 Ski Area Road, Bretton Woods) Thrill seekers will love this year-round canopy tour where you can glide over snowy landscapes on a high-flying zipline and traverse on an aerial course composed of nine ziplines, two sky bridges and three rappels.
- One Love Brewery (25 South Mountain Drive, Unit 4, Lincoln) Enjoy fresh brews and views at One Love Brewery in downtown Lincoln. On those warmer spring days, you can grab a beer and enjoy a meal out on their expansive outdoor patio. Or keep warm in their cozy dining room for the perfect après-adventure stop.
Polly’s Pancake Parlor (672 Route 117, Sugar Hill), The Little Grille (62 Cottage Street, Littleton), Cold Mountain Café (2015 Main Street, Rt 302, Bethlehem), Chang Thai Café (77 Main Street, Littleton)
Explore the shops of downtown Lincoln and discover fascinating books and local literature at The Mountain Wanderer Map & Book Store
. Indulge your sweet tooth with a visit to Chutters
where loads of gourmet chocolates and sweet candies await. Adventurers can find outdoor gear, supplies, and local advice from Burgeon Outdoor