This spring, why not escape on a relaxing road trip through New Hampshire’s historic seacoast? As the weather warms and outdoor patios begin to open, maple sugar shacks start producing sweet syrup and trails emerge from the snow—there’s so much to see and do!
- The Sugar Shack at Morningstar Farm (30 Crane Crossing Road, Plaistow) Visit an authentic maple sugar house at Morningstar Farm to see the maple sugaring process live in action this spring. Stop in and enjoy the beautiful snowy 40-acre farm, grab a maple sugar sample, and browse unique maple products like maple BBQ sauce, maple mustard, maple jelly, and more!
- The Farm at Eastman’s Corner (267 South Road, Kensington) At the Farm at Eastman’s Corner, there’s something for the whole family. Start with a wholesome, locally sourced meal from the onsite marketplace, visit the outdoor animal barn, browse art installations along the property, and enjoy the sense of welcome at the heart of it all.
- Airfield Café (9A Lafayette Road, North Hampton) Locals and visitors love the unique atmosphere of the Airfield Café, where you can watch pilot planes land and takeoff from the adjoining Hampton Airfield. On a warm spring day, take advantage of their expansive outdoor patio for a meal with a soaring view.
- Seacoast Science Center (570 Ocean Boulevard, Rye) Dive into the science behind our ocean’s ecosystems, learn about marine mammals, and discover the wonders of our blue planet and how we can protect it at the Seacoast Science Center. The center is open Wednesday - Sunday, so plan a trip and bring the kids to uncover the magic of our oceans!
- Wagon Hill Farm (156 Piscataqua Road, Durham) Wander the scenic trails of Wagon Hill Farm, taking in the coastal views and serenity of the conservation land poised at the confluence of the Oyster River and the Piscataqua River. There are educational signs along the trails to guide and inform of local wildlife and habitats that make for an informative and enjoyable excursion.
Saddle Up Saloon (92 Route 125, Kingston), Los Cantaros (43 Lafayette Road, North Hampton), Atlantic Grill (5 Pioneer Road, Rye), Roundabout Diner and Lounge (580 Portsmouth Traffic Circle, Portsmouth)
Make a detour to explore the dozens of stores and boutiques in downtown Portsmouth. Find great reads at Sheafe Street Books
, explore art and fine wares at Danforth Pewter
, and browse Salt Cellar
for unique salt products for the kitchen, bath, and home.