An autumn adventure that includes spectacular fall foliage, pick your own farms, mountain and lakeside views. Get the family together and head to the Dartmouth Lake Sunapee Region for a perfect autumn itinerary!
Check out New Hampshire’s estimated peak foliage dates
to time your trip just right, or stay updated on conditions via weekly foliage reports
- The Fort at No. 4 (267 Springfield Road, Charlestown) Take a trip back in time this fall when you stop at Plantation No. 4. This historic landmark located along the banks of the Connecticut was once the northwestern most village within the British colonies. Now the open-air museum tells the history of the area through reenactments and historical experiences.
- Morningside Flight Park (357 Morningside Lane, Charlestown) Experience sweeping fall views of the Connecticut River Valley via one of the zipline tours at Morningside Flight Park. Grab your family and friends and soar through the treetops immersed in nature for an exhilarating autumn adventure and unforgettable memories.
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, (139 St. Gaudens Road, Cornish) Explore the works of Augustus Saint-Gaudens this fall at New Hampshire’s only National Park. This historic site is dedicated to preserving the home and studios of one of the country’s greatest sculptors. There are more than 100 of his works on site, along with gorgeous gardens and nature trails sure to be a beautiful walk this time of year.
- Riverview Farm (141 River Road, Plainfield) Explore Riverview Farm this fall where the apples, raspberries, blueberries and pumpkins are all ready for picking, not to mention the fields of blooming flowers too. Plan on a little extra time to experience their cornmaze. This annual event is always a work of art, complete with lots of twists and turns.
- Farnum Hill Ciders & Poverty Lane Orchards (98 Poverty Lane, Lebanon) Experience autumn with apple picking and cider sipping! This pick your own farm offers a wide variety of apples at their family friendly orchard. Their crisp hard cider is made from apples grown on site and is the perfect complement to the cooler autumn days.
- Winslow State Park (475 Kearsarge Mountain Road, Wilmot) Take in the crisp autumn area during an outing at Winslow State Park. Located on the northwest slope of Mt Kearsarge, the picnic area is the perfect place for lunch with outstanding views. Build in a bit of extra time to take the one-mile trail to the summit of Mt. Kearsarge.
- Appleseed Restaurant (963 High Street, Bradford) Fill up on classic country fare this fall with a stop at the Appleseed Restaurant. A local favorite in town since the late 1970s. Enjoy your comfort food of burgers, pizza, pasta or a signature sandwich with gorgeous lakeside views.