Fall is a feast for your senses in the Lakes Region. From apple orchards, local cider and wineries, farm stands and gorgeous water views. Pack up the car for the perfect autumn escape to this region!
Check out New Hampshire’s estimated peak foliage dates
to time your trip just right, or stay updated on conditions via weekly foliage reports
- Butternut Farm & Cider House (195 Meaderboro Road, Farmington) This PYO family farm has everything you need for an autumn outing: pick your own apples and pumpkins! When you’re done picking head over to their cidery and raise a glass to the small batch craft cider they’re serving in their tasting room!
- Cotton Valley Rail Trail (Wolfeboro, Brookfield, Wakefield) The Cotton Valley Rail Trail is a perfect way to take in the seasonal scenery. Grab a bike and set out on this 12-mile route that goes from downtown Wolfeboro to Wakefield. No bike, no problem! This trail is great for walking too. Keep a look out for wildlife along the route.
- Beans & Greens Farm (245 Intervale Road, Gilford) Fall at Beans & Greens Farm means head for the cornfield! Their multi-acre corn maze involves miles of twists and turns, loops and bridges too. Visit during the day or for those braver souls try it at night! Visitors will also find seasonal fresh produce, barnyard animals, and new this year a kids adventure area with a zipline!
- Hermit Woods Winery (72 Main Street, Meredith) Stop into this boutique winery located right on Main Street of this waterfront community. Hermit Woods specializes in wines made from locally sourced fruit from area farms. They offer wine tastings, wine tours, and a deli on site. Plan ahead and enjoy live music at their Loft venue.
- Rail Bike Adventures (15 Veterans Square, Laconia) Enjoy fall scenery with family and friends as you pedal along the rail lines of the Winnipesaukee Railroad. Your 5-mile roundtrip rail bike adventure leaves from the historic Laconia Railroad Station, crosses over a trestle bridge and reaches the shores of beautiful Lake Winnisquam!
- NH Pumpkin Festival (Downtown Laconia) Catch the glow of hundreds of gourds that will be decorating downtown Laconia October 27 - 28, 2023 for the annual Pumpkin Festival. Drop off your own carved creation to be part of this festive fall tradition, that includes food, live music, a costume parade and of course pumpkins! Jack-O-Lantern lighting begins at 4:45!
- Stone Mountain Farm (522 Laconia Road, Belmont) ‘Tis the season for apple picking at this family owned farm in Belmont. Open through the end of October, the pick your own orchard offers nearly 40 varieties of apples. In addition to apples, find pumpkins, gourds, NH maple syrup and a traditional New Hampshire fall treat: cider donuts too!