Meander along the Upper Lamprey Scenic Byway
, a charming rural scenic drive complete with lakeside scenic vistas, rolling farmland and some regional history too.
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
Eat: The Town Cabin Deli & Pub
- Copper Beech Winery (146 Londonderry Turnpike, Building 3, Unit 23, Hooksett) Start your trek with a stop at this small batch, boutique winery located in the woods of Hooksett. The award winning, hand-crafted wines are made from fresh locally sourced fruits. Meet the winemaker, take a tour or try a tasting.
- Charmingfare Farm (744 High St, Candia) Visit this working farm for a fall adventure. Pet the animals, hop aboard a horse-drawn wagon ride or catch the tractor train ride to the pumpkin patch. During October plan a trip for their pumpkin festival weekends!
- Candia Springs Adventure Park (466 Raymond Rd, Candia) Feel the crispness of fall greet you when you soar through the air on the park’s zipline tour or if you’re up for the challenge tackle the obstacles in the Aerial Adventure Forest.
- Deerfield Fair (34 Stage Rd, Deerfield) A tradition in New Hampshire for 144 years, mark your calendar to attend New England’s Oldest Agricultural Fair September 30th through October 3rd. A classic fall experience the whole family will enjoy complete with agricultural events, musical entertainment and children’s shows, a midway, fair food and of course family fun.
- Along Route 43/Old Candia Road, Deerfield Photo Opp (Old Candia Road, Deerfield) You can’t help but feel the country vibe as you meander down this quiet road. Rolling green fields and a backdrop of trees with bright red, orange and yellow leaves is just beckoning the photographer in you! One note, use caution when pulling off the side of the road as some areas will have more room than others.
- Bear Brook State Park (61 Deerfield Road, Allenstown) This is the largest developed park in the state, and offers thousands of acres for exploring. Check out the fall scenery while hiking or biking on the various trails. Perhaps canoeing or kayaking is more your speed, enjoy the peace and tranquility of being out on the water in one of the many ponds and marshes.
- Pleasant Lake Boat Ramp Photo Opp (Gulf Road, Deerfield) Make a quick stop along the shores of Pleasant Lake and sit back and enjoy the view. The fall foliage reflecting on the waterway makes for picture perfect scenery.
- Northwood Meadows State Park (755 First NH Turnpike, Northwood) One of the NH State Park’s lesser known spots but a gem nonetheless. This serene wilderness setting is the perfect place for an afternoon picnic so be sure to bring along a lunch. Save some time to enjoy a nature walk on the easily accessible trails.
(285 Old Candia Road, Candia), Stubby’s Diner
(26 Old Manchester Road, Candia), The Lazy Lion
(4 North Road, Deerfield), Northwoods Brewing Company
(1334 1st New Hampshire Turnpike, Northwood)
Route 4 through Northwood is New England’s oldest antiques shopping district, also known as Antique Alley. Antique enthusiasts are in for a treat. If you haven’t been antiquing before, no time like the present! Rustique
, Coveway Antiques
, The Betty House
, and Parker French West Antique Center
are just a few of the shops along the route. If you haven’t gotten your fill, Antique Alley extends into Lee and Epsom too!