Depart on a Multi-Notch Mountain Ride
through the White Mountains of New Hampshire, taking in breathtaking mountain views ablaze in fiery fall tones and making adventurous fall stops along the way!
New Hampshire continues to closely monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 and the Delta variant. As a reminder, you are encouraged to contact any property prior to visiting to find out if there are any changes in hours or specific reservation requirements.
Eat: Banners Restaurant
- Conway Scenic Railroad (38 Norcross Circle, North Conway) The legendary Mountaineer Excursion train ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad is one of New Hampshire’s best fall experiences. The train cuts through the dramatic slopes of Crawford Notch, brilliantly displaying a sea of bold color and breathtaking foliage.
- Kancamagus Highway (NH-112, Conway) Get your camera ready for countless photo opps along the Kanc, especially in autumn when the surrounding landscapes are confetti’d with brilliant foliage and bold color. Pull off at the Hancock or Sugar Hill Overlooks for beautiful scenic vistas, or explore the miles of hiking trails along the pass!
- Loon Mountain Gondola Ride (60 Loon Mountain Road, Lincoln) Loon’s iconic gondola takes passengers up the scenic slopes of Loon Mountain, offering sweeping views of fiery foliage and bold autumn hues along the way. At the summit, you can enjoy lunch at the Summit Café, play a round of disc-golf, or climb Herbert’s Observation tower for an even more elevated view.
- Windy Ridge Orchard (1775 Benton Road, North Haverhill) At Windy Ridge Orchard, you can pluck juicy red apples right from the tree, scope out pumpkins and gourds in the pumpkin patch, wander along quiet nature trails, enjoy breakfast or lunch in the Cider House Café, and indulge in fresh apple cider and sweet cider donuts all in one beautiful location. Need we say more?!
- The Brick Store (21 Lisbon Road, Bath) Visit America’s oldest general store and discover the treasure trove of legendary fudge, famous smoked meats, souvenirs and gifts! Grab some snacks to refuel and soak up the rich history and fascinating story of the Brick Store.
- Bath Covered Bridge Photo Opp (West of U.S. 302 on Pettyboro Road, Bath) Be sure to stop and pay tribute to one of the state’s oldest covered bridges and snap a photo! This 189 year-old bridge spans the Ammonoosuc River and overflows with classic New England charm. The orange, red, and yellow leaves of autumn wonderfully compliment the bridge’s iconic red face, making it a beautiful spot for photographers and visitors alike.
- Omni Mount Washington Resort Photo Opp (310 Mount Washington Hotel Road, Bretton Woods) A trip through the White Mountains wouldn’t be complete unless you got a photo of this iconic hotel with Mount Washington draped in bright foliage towering in the background. Or, if you’ve got time to spare—stop in and grab a drink at the Rosebrook Bar to really appreciate the surrounding fall beauty.
- Crawford Notch State Park (1464 U.S. Route 302, Harts Location) Crawford Notch contains 5,775 acres of natural wilderness, beautiful forests, and some of the most beautiful scenery in the state. The notch comes alive in the fall, when hikes and excursions become illuminated by vibrant autumn color and crisp mountain air.
(621 White Mountain Hwy, Conway), Black Mtn. Burger Co.
(264 Main Street, Lincoln), White Mountain Cider Co.
(207 US-302, Glen), Saalt & Libby’s
(111 Main Street, Gorham)
North Conway is a shopping mecca, where you’ll find name brands at discounted prices in the outlets at Settler’s Green
, in addition to great local shops like Labonville Inc
. and the North Conway Music Center
along the scenic White Mountain Highway!